Accomplishments For Henry County
“I am really excited about what we have accomplished in 8 years, but I understand that there is still a lot of work that has to be done. I look forward to the hard work ahead and I am proud to continue to serve and impact lives in a positive way”
~ Commissioner Bruce B. Holmes
- Opened Village Park which is now recognized as one of the top parks to visit in Metro Atlanta
- Installed Fairview sewer up to Anvil Block Road to stimulate additional economic development
- Worked with the Atlanta Aerotropolis Alliance to get both Fairview and Stockbridge identified as strategic commercial corridors for future development
- Added Police Precinct which has had an impact on keeping our community safe with one of the lowest crime rates in the county
- Supporting much needed improvements to Fire Station #6
- Fairview and North Henry County are now Fiber ready with AT&T and Verizon Dark Fiber Network
- Advocated for 1,000 Seat Performing Art Center in the Fairview area with construction scheduled to start in late 2018-2019
- Supported multiple CDBG investments in the City of Stockbridge for park playground equipment and Berry Street sidewalk, streetscape, beautification and lighting
- Funded investment for Hwy 138 median Improvement and beautification
- Invested over $600,000 to upgrade the lighting system for Cochran Park through SPLOST IV funds
- Repaved multiple roads in the City of Stockbridge and Fairview Community
- Continually fighting for much needed transportation improvements including countywide road infrastructure, resurfacing older subdivision roads, paving dirt roads, I-75 Rail to Macon and a trail system connecting Henry County Parks countywide
- Pushing Henry County to pursue Amazon’s 2nd corporate location providing our citizens the opportunity to benefit from 50,000 highly paid professional service jobs
- Working with the City of Stockbridge to develop a new vibrant walkable Downtown Area with curbside retail and dining.
- Implemented youth mentoring and athletic programming to keep our youth engaged, off the streets and out of trouble.
- Funded new PATH Foundation’s walking bridge and trails from Rockdale and Dekalb Counties. First phase of the trail will connect at Panola Mountain State Park and run directly into the Fairview Community. 2nd phase will connect into the Fairview Commercial Corridor and Village Park.
Improvement’s To Henry County’s
Economic & Social Development
Commissioner Holmes is honored to be recognized for his efforts to improve economic development and make Henry County a better place to live, work and play. He points to several projects and initiatives that he believes contributed to his receiving these honors:
- The Commissioner Bruce Holmes Youth Foundation has received a lot of attention because of the dedicated volunteers that give their time and energy to help work with and develop our youth.
- Investments in District 5 and Fairview are developing it into a health & wellness community, providing connectivity through multi-use walking trails, bike trails and beautification, including the development of the Kelleytown bike trails and the Panola State Park walking trails.
- The opening of the New Fairview Police Precinct in the Fairview Business District is making residents feel safer and better supports businesses in the area.
- A new medical development is getting underway, in which more than $180,000,000 will be invested into the economy of Georgia, creating over 1,300 direct and indirect jobs through the development of a medical, retail and restaurant campus.